Trophies for excellence were recently presented to last year’s winners, bringing to a close two exceptional years that make us proud as organizers of this program.
Congratulations to all BEC participants for your commitment to improving energy management. Our environment depends on it, as this pandemic that respects no borders reminds us every day.
My last message encouraged you to pursue your efforts and to continue to act as leaders by making energy management a primary focus.
Please note that, just like you, the BEC must adjust to the reality of this pandemic. You received a survey that will help us assess the impact of C19 on your operations. Thank you for taking the time to respond, if you have not already done so.
We also asked you to update your data on the ESPM platform. Your collaboration in that regard is very important for the continued success of the competition. We will gradually compile all that information in order to identify the common denominators as regards energy performance in 2020.
Despite the constraints, disappointments, insecurities and obstacles of the current context, there is light on the horizon.
First of all, although there is still a long way to go, the upcoming arrival of a vaccine heralds a period of gradual return to normal in our buildings in 2021. In concrete terms, conditions for sound energy management should gradually normalize in the coming year.
A few adjustments so that the competition moves forward in a logical and equitable manner:
- We will maintain the Collaboration with Tenants award, as tenants remain major stakeholders in your energy management.
- We will also maintain the Supplier award given that your suppliers are a driving force, helping you to achieve your objectives.
- We are also creating a new Responsible Energy Management during the Pandemic award. More information will be released at a later date.
- The focus of the competition remains unchanged. We will continue our efforts to reduce energy consumption and GHG emissions by modifying competition categories to include sectors of activity that best reflect the impact of the pandemic on operations.
- There will also be a place for energy innovation in this crisis. Once again, we will come back to you with details later. We are working hard on this because we believe in it.
To support us in this process, be sure to enter your data into ESPM by December 31st, continue to pursue your energy management efforts, and follow up with requisite details to ensure your ongoing participation. And let’s keep hoping that the pandemic will end in the near future.
Happy New Year to one and all!