A FRIENDLY COMPETITION THAT'S GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT!
In its 2030 Energy Policy, the Québec government has set ambitious targets to improve energy efficiency and reduce the consumption of petroleum products. The City of Montreal, for its part, has advanced its target for zero-emission buildings by 10 years, namely 2040. As a leading association in the commercial real estate sector, BOMA Quebec intends to play a leading role to help reach those objectives.
BOMA Quebec thus created the Building Energy Challenge. We urge everyone in the commercial, institutional and multi-residential sector to support this project.
Three Award Categories
Many measures of performance and award categories are defined in the BEC structure. They have been conceived to encourage cooperation, excellence and perseverance among participants, who are free to enter their building in all three categories. Note that participation in the Collaboration category is strongly encouraged, but is optional.
This committee acts as the BEC' advisory committee and the steward of its guiding principles, i.e. collaboration, sharing knowledge, education, innovation, accessibility and impartiality. It is responsible for establishing the budget and approving proposals and the orientation of the Challenge. It meets every three months.
Chair, BEC Technical Committee
- Fériel Acher, Énergie
- Jean-Emmaneul Dufour, WSP Canada Inc.
- Maxime Drolet, Ivanhoé Cambridge
- Caroline Duphily, CanmetÉNERGIE - Ressources Naturelles Canada
- Cédric Duval, Hydro-Québec
- Geneviève Gauthier, Econoler
- Nicolas Guyot, Hilo
- Krassimira Iolova, Ministère de l’Environnement, de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques, de la Faune et des Parcs
- Marc Kaddissi , Capreit
- Pamela McCrea, Carbonleo
- Mathieu Meloche, Groupe Petra
- Mario Poirier, Building Energy Challenge
- Maxime Poulin, Groupe immobilier Desjardins
- Félix Robetrt, Ambioner
- Dominic Turgeon, CanmetÉNERGIE - Ressources Naturelles Canada
- Shawn Walton, Systèmes Énergie TST