PARTICIPATING IN THE CHALLENGE IS EASY!
- In order to participate, the first step consists of registering your building on this website. The participation form is at the bottom of this page
- Carefully read the Participant’s Guide.
- Go to the ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager platform to create your account and share it with BEC. If you already have an account, use it and share it with BEC.
- You have until February 28 each year to enter your energy data and officialize your participation for the previous year.See page 6 of the Participant’s Guide for details. Exceptionally this year you have until March 28, 2019 for the year 2018.
- Once you have completed steps 1 and 3, your participation becomes official and your Participant’s Kit becomes available in the Participants Zone.
- If you wish to file for the Collaboration award, download the Collaboration form to submit your candidacy.
BEC uses the ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager platform to measure and monitor the energy performance of buildings. It provides a snapshot of your building’s progress from one year to the next. This simple, free tool is available online. Enter your energy consumption data, and you’ll be able to monitor your building’s consumption of electricity, natural gas and water, as well as its greenhouse gas emissions. The Energy Star® tool is used for data collection. The Energy Star ® rating will not be considered.
Three levels of recognitionwill be repeated over the years
Several performance measures and award categories are defined as part of the Challenge. They were designed to foster cooperation, excellence and perseverance of the participants.
- Office buildings
- Retail businessesl
- Multi-residential buildings
- Buildings in health care
- Mixed use buildings
- Universal Buildings
- Education Sector Buildings