The first edition of what will become an annual meeting for key players involved in the energy transition of Quebec buildings took place on January 26. Conceived by the BEC technical committee, this initiative invites building and property managers committed to drastically reducing their GHG emissions to meet with diverse specialists to help them achieve that goal. It was a sold-out event that brought together close to 100 individuals.
More than twenty-five innovative companies working in the energy sector applied to take part in the forum. Five were selected, and allotted 10 minutes each to present their innovations during the event. We will publish more detailed articles about their presentations in the weeks to come, but here is a brief overview of the solutions proposed.
- BGI Analytics: Data analysis focused on improving energy performance.
- TGWT Clean Technologies: plant-based products for water treatment and for improving, for example, the performance of cooling towers.
- MASTERGroup: Heat pumps that use CO2 as a refrigerant and that can produce hot water for domestic use.
- Marmott Energies: Standing column wells technology that improves the financial performance of geothermal projects.
- SOFIAC: An innovative financing solution that allows for the installation of measures to reduce energy consumption and GHG emissions without having to pay for the required investments.
This new event format showcases diverse solutions proposed by specialists eager to work with property managers. It was such a success that we are pleased to inform you that a 2nd edition will follow in the fall of 2023!